- “Spring Clean-Up” – Remove weeds and debris from shrub and groundcover beds.
- Fertilize beds with bagged, composted products, or use either organic or conventional fertilizers.
- Add additional mulch to existing beds to help control weeds.
- Fertilizer cool season lawns such as Fescue or Ryegrass. Mow 2” to 2½” high with a sharp mower.
- Prune trees, shrubs (except spring bloomers, like Forsythia and Azaleas), Roses, Liriope and ornamental grasses before spring growth begi
- Begin planting cool-season vegetables -- asparagus, onions, potatoes, salad greens and more.